WATCH NOW TO LEARN HOW TO CHANGE THE HEAD KIT IN OUR SOLAR-POWERED RUNWAY LIGHT
Do you need to change your A704 runway light head kit this year? Our airfield lighting products are built to last for 15+ years: they don’t require maintenance for seven years on average, and the LEDs last more than 50,000 hours. Depending on how frequently you use your lights, a head kit change may be on your maintenance radar. With the shifting needs at your airport, you might also be moving these portable lights to a new location with a different application or extending your runway: since the high-power LEDs we use are available in several color options, we make it easy to change the output color of your lights if you need to.
The video here explores how to replace an A704 runway light head kit. This simple process takes less than a minute on average per light. We ensure your runway stays operational without interruption by making this a quick change in the field.
Instructions: how to replace an A704 runway light head kit
To perform this replacement, we’ll need:
- A704 runway light
- 5/32” hex bit
- Replacement head kit
Head kit replacement steps
These steps correspond to our video above, so if you’re following along while you complete your head kit change, you can click on the time stamps listed beside each step to skip to that point in the video.
- Step 1 (00:16): Using the 5/32” hex security bit, remove the four (4) head kit screws.
- Step 2 (00:27): Lift head kit and disconnect harness.
- Step 3 (00:35): Ensure rubber gasket is in place.
- Step 4 (00:40): Attach harness to new head kit and place it onto the light.
- Step 5 (00:48): Using the 5/32” hex security bit, tighten the four (4) head kit screws.