WATCH OUR VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO CHANGE A BATTERY IN OUR SOLAR-POWERED RUNWAY LIGHT
Our airfield lighting products are built to last for over 20 years, with no maintenance for seven years on average. The high-endurance batteries we use are designed to last for 2,500 cycles. Depending on how frequently you use your lights, a battery change may be on your maintenance radar this year.
The A704 runway light is our most popular product. The video on the right explores how to replace an A704 runway light battery. It’s a simple process that takes less than three minutes on average per light, ensuring that your runway stays operational without interruption.
Instructions: how to replace an A704 runway light
To perform this replacement, we’ll need:
- A704 runway light
- 5/32” hex bit
- 1/2” hex socket
- Replacement battery
Battery replacement steps
These steps correspond to our video above, so if you’re following along while you complete your battery change, you can click on the time stamps listed beside each step to skip to that point in the video.
- Step 1 (00:41): Using the 5/32” hex bit, remove the four (4) baseplate bolts.
- Step 2 (00:58): Lift up to slowly separate the chassis from the baseplate.
- Step 3 (01:07): Disconnect the locking battery harness.
- Step 4 (01:17): Using the 1/2” hex socket, remove the central bolt.
- Step 5 (01:30): Disconnect the charge port harness.
- Step 6 (01:44): Attach charge port harness and slide into baseplate.
- Step 7 (01:56): Using the 1/2” hex socket, tighten the central bolt.
- Step 8 (02:09): Attach main harness to battery pack.
- Step 9 (02:13): Slide chassis down onto the baseplate.
- Step 10 (02:21): Using the 5/32” hex bit, tighten the four (4) baseplate bolts.