WHAT DO WE MEAN “BUILT TO OUTLAST AND OUTPERFORM, FOR LESS?”
While visiting our newly updated website, you may have seen the statement “Built to outlast and outperform.” This is a bold statement to make and we stand by it. We are confident that this statement suits our solar airfield lighting products. Our military-grade products have demonstrated time and time again that they can stand up to the harshest conditions and operate reliably, independent of grid-supplied electricity or electrical infrastructure.
“Built to outlast and outperform, for less” gives customers three major reasons to choose Carmanah; low cost, durability & reliability, and compliant.
- Carmanah’s solar airfield lighting can be installed within a day for the majority of runway, taxiway and helipad applications.
- Portable lighting for a 4000 meter runway can be deployed using our Portable Airfield Lighting Trailer (PALT) in under an hour.
Easy Set Up
- Each light has intuitive local control.
- Each light comes from the factory programmed for use.
- Wireless capable lights easily connect to the handheld controller with up to 8 light groupings and 4 km (2.5 mile) range.
Low Construction Costs
- Installation using Carmanah mounting kits is as simple as measuring the distance between lighting installations, drilling anchor bolt holes, securing the floor flange and connecting the light to the mounting plate.
- Installation requires no special tools, equipment, or specialized trades.
- No trenching, cutting, coring, or high voltage electrical work. Electrical vaults, constant current regulators and cables are not required.
No Electricity Costs
- Each self-contained light requires no external power.
- When installed as a backup runway lighting system, our solar airfield lighting does not need a backup generator or secondary power source.
- The intelligent energy management system manages solar charging and battery discharge to ensure battery health and reliable operation.
DURABILITY & RELIABILITY
- Carmanah solar airfield lighting can be left to operate from dusk to dawn (autonomously), controlled via local push button control, or controlled via the wireless handheld controller (for wireless equipped lights).
- Operators love our external pushbutton (A704) and switch (A650) for easy operation and rapid deployment.
Longest Battery Life
- Our high quality batteries are designed specifically for aerospace and solar power applications. Our batteries are rated for 2,500 cycles; on average our customers see over 7 years of maintenance-free operation.
Highest (and Lowest) Temperature Tolerance
- Carmanah uses only the highest quality batteries with a manufacturer’s operating range of -65 to 80°C (-85 to 176°F)
- The recommended operating range for Carmanah products is -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F)
- The optimal operating range is -30 to 50°C (-22 to 122°F)
- Our A704 solar runway light is made from powder coated aluminum and premium grade UV-resistant polycarbonate.
- Our A650 solar taxiway and barricade light is made from premium grade UV-resistant polycarbonate/polysiloxane co polymer.
- Our products are tested to various Military Standards (MIL-STD-202g, MIL-STD-801G) and in winds up to 644 kph (400 mph).
- Carmanah airport lighting is virtually maintenance free. Batteries last 7 years on average and LED’s operate +100,000 hrs. Aside from occasionally cleaning the lenses and solar panels, our airfield lights require no maintenance for an average of 7 years, and after that only an inexpensive, plug-and-play battery replacement.
ICAO & FAA Compliant
- Our products are designed and tested to comply with the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Our products are manufactured in a facility governed by a management system which complies with ISO 9001:2008
3rd Party Verified
- Don’t just take our word for it, our products are tested by a 3rd party (Intertek) to prove compliance. Compliance certificates are available.